Once in a while you get on a roll, and I am currently on one. For some reason I am trying new things in the kitchen, and I feel like sharing everything with you guys! Also, it is pumpkin season, and so I dove into […]
Are you happy? I am. Life is busy, and staying in the present and being happy is hard. It is something I practice every day such that I learn to cherish all the little things in life. Sometimes I force myself to put my “everything-is-good-and-great-and-sunny-and-filled-with-flowers-and-unicorns” […]
Autumn is here… dum dum dum dam
Shorter days, layered clothes, pumpkin colours and food consumed with a spoon. What is not to like about this season? When the weather changes so does my food-mood. I enjoy simmer dishes, and anything that has a slight kick to it. Any food or drink that warms me up is the right kind of food for autumn (in my humble opinion). Warning: This dish is not a “pretty” dish, nor is in Instagram-friendly, but your tastebuds will thank you for days so do not judge the book by its cover 😉
Also, there has been very silent on the recipe side: Sorry! In 11 days I will be walking down the aisle in a white dress, and my mind has been on one million other things than food. I sincerely hope you will enjoy this kick-off recipe, which was largely inspired by FoodFanatic. Her stuff is amazing. I like to twist and turn dishes, which is what I have done with this one. I promise you, it will warm you up all the way through. Perfect for a cold day, followed by a visit to your couch wrapped in a blanket!
Serving size: 4 portions
- 650 g chicken
- 200 g chorizo
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cans of diced tomato
- 250 g white mushrooms
- 3 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 can mixed beans (butter, kidney, white)
- 5 dl chicken broth
- 1-2 tbsp herb de provence
- Salt and pepper
- Serving suggestion: Red rice, white rice, black rice or wholegrain bread
- Chop or blend your onions to desired size and press garlic. Set the two aside on a plate.
- Chop your chicken and chorizo into bite sized pieces.
- Add olive oil to a big pot and add your onions to it.
- Add chicken and let it take colour (do not let it cook fully like this).
- Chop red bell pepper and mushrooms roughly.
- Drain and rinse your beans.
- Add cans of diced tomato, beans and chicken broth to the pot with chicken.
- Take mushrooms, bell pepper and spinach and put it into the stew
- Add your spices and let it simmer for 20-ish minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with your choice of side (we had red rice as I truly enjoy the full flavouring they have).
I hope you like it 🙂
PS. NKN will soon become NDK (woah name change will be amazing yet odd!)
PPS. My sites name will remain the same (sorry not sorry husband to be)
Greenie = Veggies = Good Vegetables are hard in include in your breakfast, right? I have always found it tough. This past weekend I decided to try a green breakfast bowl, and to include spinach and zucchini. In smoothies I have tried to include broccoli […]