Banana Cake (Flour/Sugar Free)
This is truly a treat to your tongue. I found a recipe online and twisted it to make what is written below. The cake has a lot of flavour, and a perfect balance between sweet and bitter. You can of course choose a lower chocolate percentage, but that would increase the sugar levels. Another option is to use this kind of chocolate, which would make the cake entirely sugar free. Enjoy it – I know I did!
- 250 gr banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp sour creme (or A38, creme fraiche)
- 100 gr fresh pitted dates
- 100 gr grinded almonds (or almond flour)
- A little salt
- 1 dl oats
- 50 gr chopped chocolate (80%)
- 50 gr chocolate for decoration
1. Turn the oven to 175 degrees (Celsius) over/under heat (varmluft in Danish)
2. Blend the almonds so they turn to flour. This is unnecessary if the almonds are bought as almond flour.
3. Blend the dates with the almonds.
4. Mash the bananas and mix with the eggs, salt, dates/almond mixture, oats, and creme fraiche.
5. Chop the 50 gr of chocolate in chunks and add to the dough. Put the dough in a small pan.
6. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
7. While the cake is still warm place the last 50 gr of chocolate on top and spread it out when it has melted.
The cake is best a day or two after it has been made.