Honey Glazed Salmon (… And thank you)
Before I go into this salmon recipe I want to write about my “Thank You”. Since I made my site public yesterday I have had more than 400 visitors and 5 of you have subscribed to the blog. This is awesome, and it is really inspiring me to want to keep coming up with new recipes workouts. I am humbled by all of it.
Back to business – Honey Glazed Salmon
One fine evening we wanted to eat salmon, but we did not want to go buy lots of new sides for it. We had some leftover asparagus and tomatoes, which I decided to put to good use. This is what I came up with (for 2 people).
- 2 pieces of salmon
- Acacia honey
- Lemon pepper spice
- Fresh spinach pasta (or zucchini pasta for gluten free option/ LCHF-meal)
- 2 tomatoes
- 4-5 asparagus
- 1/2 green pepper
- Full fat cream (250 ml)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Turn the oven on to 200 degrees Celsius
- Place the 2 salmon slices in an ovenproof dish
- Drizzle them with lemon pepper spice, acacia honey, and chopped almonds
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes
- Set a pot of water over for the spinach pasta (this would differ if you use zucchini pasta)
- Chop asparagus, green pepper, and tomatoes roughly
- Put veggies in a pan and sauté them in olive oil for 5 minutes
- Add cream to the pan and bring to a boil
- Add salt and pepper
- Boil the pasta as described on the packaging (fresh pasta is usually 2-3 minutes)
- Once done, drain for water, and add the cream sauce and veggies to it
- Place the pasta dish on the plates and place the salmon on top once done in the oven
The cream gives it a rich texture when mixing it with the fresh pasta. It is somewhat a summer-dish and does not feel heavy in your stomach. Happy cooking and let me know what do you think?!
Once again… Thank you so much for following along here. If anyone has suggestions or requests regarding workouts or recipes, throw them my way and I will attempt to accommodate accordingly. I like a challenge!