Sugar and Gluten Free Breakfast Pancakes
In our home we love breakfast! We also love pancakes for breakfast, but then again… Who doesn’t? I change my recipe up a lot with spices and toppings, but almost all kinds are good. The base recipe (and frequently made) for one person comes here. It should make around 3-4 “small” pancakes.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 egg whites (from organic eggs) *I always buy/ eat/ use organic eggs simply due to the quality of them – the difference in taste is huge
- 50 gr coconut flour
- 30 gr of almond flour (or take whole almonds and blend to flour)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A tiny bit of almond milk or water if the texture is too thick (I rarely have this problem)
- Coconut oil for frying
- Toppings: Honey, yogurt, skyr, 80% dark chocolate (naughty), nuts, coconut flakes, cocoa nibs, chia seeds, pomegranate seeds, fruit in general, anything your heart desires!
- Smash the banana well with a fork
- Add egg whites and flour, whip it by hand
- Add spices
- Add milk if necessary
- Turn on the pan with coconut oil on and make your pancakes – remember to flip them 😉
- Once you have your stack, add toppings and enjoy!
These babies should fill you right up and keep you going for a long time. I vary my toppings quite often and sometimes I blend fresh fruit with skyr (yogurt) to keep it interesting. You can use whatever to make these pancakes your favourite breakfast meal. Also, if you want some gluten in there, swap coconut flour for oats and they will be just as delicious. I vary between making them with oats and making them with coconut flour. The taste is not 100% the same, but either way I like them. If I had to choose I would go for oats, due to the protein in them, and because I have no intolerence for gluten. What flour or starch do you prefer in your pancakes?
I really hope you like them 🙂