Salted Almonds: The Perfect Snack
A few weekends ago I was in my hometown to say ‘yes’ to my wedding dress. It was amazing. A day filled with my closest girls, including my mother and sister. I had arranged a brunch with mimosas and strawberries, as this is close to mandatory.
Nevertheless, the car trip home is always fun. A girl friend of mine picked me up at work, and I had made some salted almonds for us to snack on while driving and talking. It was my first time making homemade salted almonds, as I usually “just” buy the ones from the store. I was a huge success, and I will definitely continue making these bad boys at home. So simple, yet so good.
- 150 gr natural almonds
- 1 1/2 dl water
- 1 tbsp good salt – I use Maldon Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 150° Celcius
- Put water and salt in a pan of a suitable size
- Bring to boil
- Add almonds and stir
- Let simmer until all water has disappeared (until evaporated)
- Place on a baking sheet on a baking pan and put in oven to dry for 15 minutes
- Let the almonds cool off entirely before eating
- Store in airtight containers 🙂
I made the almonds at night and left them to fully dry over night. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Perhaps adding some licorice powder if that would be as delicious? May be a project for another time.