10 things that make me happy at this moment in time
Are you happy? I am.
Life is busy, and staying in the present and being happy is hard. It is something I practice every day such that I learn to cherish all the little things in life. Sometimes I force myself to put my “everything-is-good-and-great-and-sunny-and-filled-with-flowers-and-unicorns” glasses on, and you know what? It helps. Anyone can have a bad day or a bad week. Heck even a month can be poor, but I promise you that there is something good in every day. No matter how tiny it is. I was reminded (and inspired to write this post) this morning as I witnessed a woman getting her bag stolen off her bike – while she was locking it! It is unlikely that she feels happy right now, and I can almost with certainty say, that her day started out poor. I hope her day turns around.
Anyway… back to my 10 things of happiness these days
- My upcoming wedding: This is a given. In 9 days I will say ‘yes’ to the man of my dreams. He is everything I could ever ask for (on my good and on my bad days), and I love him unconditionally. Not even rainy weather can make this upcoming day bad.
- When the sun shines for more than 1 day (or 1 hour). Sunlight makes me a better version of me. We are heading towards shorter days, and so whenever I get the change I soak up the rays of vitamin D, and enjoy every millisecond. A day in autumn filled with sunshine is a favourite of mine because of the changing seasons, sweater weather and the lower sunsets.
- Reading a book before I lay my head on my pillow at night. Currently I am reading ‘The Queen of the Tearling’ by Erika Johansen, which is a great mix between Game of Thrones and The Hunger Games. It may be semi-girly, but I enjoy a different fantasy book once in a while. I think my next book will be a Jojo Moyes one. I am a sucker for love-stories.
- Trying out new recipes in the kitchen. I have found my joy for cooking on a daily basis, and I look forward to the weekends where I really get to play with baked goods. At this moment I experiment a lot with dough and how to create the “perfect” breakfast bread, with the right crumb and crust.
- Being kissed by Nicolai every single day. Damn, I am a lucky duck.
Halfway (sorry for the lengthy post) 🙂
- Biking to work not wearing rain pants or rubber boots. Last week my rain-gear would not dry out for 5 days as it rained constantly!(!!!) So, this week has been dreamy, and I have not been soaked once… yet.
- Spontaneous, and planned, date nights. Back to the top of this page: Life is busy, and in a relationship you must prioritise each other and your time together.
- Pumpkin season. Enough said.
- The view from my office. It is incredible.
- Getting between 7 and 8 hours of sleep. Every. Single. Night.
What does your top 10 look like?
I usually do not do these posts, but once in a while it is good to highlight the joys of every day life. Lots of positivity your way today.