Autumn is good, but sourdough is better. In my world not much beats waking up on an autumn weekend morning and eating a just-out-the-oven sourdough bun while sipping freshly brewed coffee. You may think I am 53 years old, but in reality this is just […]
Are you happy? I am.
Life is busy, and staying in the present and being happy is hard. It is something I practice every day such that I learn to cherish all the little things in life. Sometimes I force myself to put my “everything-is-good-and-great-and-sunny-and-filled-with-flowers-and-unicorns” glasses on, and you know what? It helps. Anyone can have a bad day or a bad week. Heck even a month can be poor, but I promise you that there is something good in every day. No matter how tiny it is. I was reminded (and inspired to write this post) this morning as I witnessed a woman getting her bag stolen off her bike – while she was locking it! It is unlikely that she feels happy right now, and I can almost with certainty say, that her day started out poor. I hope her day turns around.
Anyway… back to my 10 things of happiness these days
- My upcoming wedding: This is a given. In 9 days I will say ‘yes’ to the man of my dreams. He is everything I could ever ask for (on my good and on my bad days), and I love him unconditionally. Not even rainy weather can make this upcoming day bad.
- When the sun shines for more than 1 day (or 1 hour). Sunlight makes me a better version of me. We are heading towards shorter days, and so whenever I get the change I soak up the rays of vitamin D, and enjoy every millisecond. A day in autumn filled with sunshine is a favourite of mine because of the changing seasons, sweater weather and the lower sunsets.
- Reading a book before I lay my head on my pillow at night. Currently I am reading ‘The Queen of the Tearling’ by Erika Johansen, which is a great mix between Game of Thrones and The Hunger Games. It may be semi-girly, but I enjoy a different fantasy book once in a while. I think my next book will be a Jojo Moyes one. I am a sucker for love-stories.
- Trying out new recipes in the kitchen. I have found my joy for cooking on a daily basis, and I look forward to the weekends where I really get to play with baked goods. At this moment I experiment a lot with dough and how to create the “perfect” breakfast bread, with the right crumb and crust.
- Being kissed by Nicolai every single day. Damn, I am a lucky duck.
Halfway (sorry for the lengthy post) 🙂
- Biking to work not wearing rain pants or rubber boots. Last week my rain-gear would not dry out for 5 days as it rained constantly!(!!!) So, this week has been dreamy, and I have not been soaked once… yet.
- Spontaneous, and planned, date nights. Back to the top of this page: Life is busy, and in a relationship you must prioritise each other and your time together.
- Pumpkin season. Enough said.
- The view from my office. It is incredible.
- Getting between 7 and 8 hours of sleep. Every. Single. Night.
What does your top 10 look like?
I usually do not do these posts, but once in a while it is good to highlight the joys of every day life. Lots of positivity your way today.
Autumn is here… dum dum dum dam Shorter days, layered clothes, pumpkin colours and food consumed with a spoon. What is not to like about this season? When the weather changes so does my food-mood. I enjoy simmer dishes, and anything that has a slight […]