Did you eat your fish (omega 3’s) this week? Also, excuse the picture. Looks weird… taste amazing. Spring is around the corner (or so they say). Psst… it is snowing in Denmark still. Spring though, means lighter food, longer days and warmer weather. Lighter food […]
Italian meets Japanese… Pizza meets sushi…. With some rocket salad. This might sound off, maybe even make you shake your head a little, but I promise you it is delicious. I got inspired by Valdemarsro to make this pizza. She has some incredible recipes, and is a true inspiration when it comes to well tasting meals and baked goods. Her site is in Danish, but recipes can easily be translated if you do not understand it. I love following her site simply because she is not scared of real food, gluten, sugar, grain, beef, or butter. Anyway, this pizza is yummy. You must not think it will taste like a tomato-sauce-ham-and-cheese-pizza because it obviously will not! It is a lighter version of our so loved Italian round bread with toppings. This recipe is for 2-3 people depending on your hunger level. We were 2 and had a slice left over, which is in Nicolai’s lunch today.
- For pizza dough go here OR use any other pizza dough that is your favourite. I find that pizza dough is very subjective, and I like mine when it has raised for 45 minutes and has olive oil in it (I used half wholewheat and half regular flour… Psst the olive oil is a MUST)
- 200gr neutral Philadelphia cream cheese
- Some wasabi sauce or paste (use so it fits your tastebuds)
- 200gr organic smoked salmon
- A handful of fresh basil or coriander
- 1 Lemon
- Make your dough and bake it in the oven according to your recipe (for me it was 220°C on a pizza stone for 15 minutes)
- Rinse the rocket
- Mix together cream cheese, wasabi, salt, pepper, and fresh cut basil/coriander
- Once the pizza bottom has cooled off slightly spread the cheese mix on the pizza
- Place the smoked on the pizza and put fresh rocket on top
- Squeeze the juice for 1/2 lemon on the pizza and serve straight away
We had a nice light beer with the pizza, which was delightful. We will definitely make it again. Let me know what you think!