I have been missing in action: Sorry. I want to make up for it by presenting you with inspiration for cupcakes. Sometimes being absent or MIA just happens. Motivation drops, life gets busy, you have to move apartments and renovate, training, family, and friends take priority, but… […]
Everybody I know loves snacking, and what is not to love? For a really long time I have been wanting to make some homemade healthy snacks that were not “candy”/chocolate based. This is somewhat hard, because about 99.6% of the time I crave chocolaty-stuff. But fear no more for your lunch box snacks…
Muesli bars with just four ingredients are here!!!!
These actually taste like candy, but have zero added sugar or unhealthiness in them. Also, I say four ingredients, but really you can add any other sorts of nuts (or coconut flour which I did), to this base recipe of the bars. Other than how they taste they are no bake bars, which makes them easy to handle. I am honestly trying to find something negative about these healthy things. I guess one “bad” things is the they have lots of good fats in them, and thus making them less light on the calorie side. This is not an issue for me as I politely ignore calories. They are evil little creatures that sew my close smaller at night, so I pretend they do not exist!
- 260g fresh dates (pitted)
- 130g chopped almonds (not finely chopped)
- 130g oats
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil or honey (I used coconut oil)
- Extras: Coconut flour/pecans/dried fruit/chocolate/whatever you’d like
- If not already done, pit the dates
- Blend them such that they form a smooth mass
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Once mixed well, press into a pan that has a baking sheet in it (I used a 20x15cm pan)
- Press the mass firmly down such that the bars stick together
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and then cut the bars to the desired size
I could not resist and had a bar as quickly as possible. Luckily this portion contained 10 bars, so I have plenty for the week. I made these to be able to add them to Nicolai’s lunch box. I hope they are filling, but only time will tell. Let me know if you like these raw bars!