LCHF is one of the trending diet fads to follow these days. It intrigues me. I do not necessarily believe in this style of eating nor living, but on occasion I enjoy cutting down on “bad” starch (if there is such a thing in reality). Squashgetti […]
Tag: No Grain
The image does not look like lasagna, but it is, and it is good! Ok ok ok… So we have started semi meal preparing here on weeks where Nicolai works evening shifts. This week we decided to make a chicken lasagna, and I somewhat made […]
I have been missing in action: Sorry. I want to make up for it by presenting you with inspiration for cupcakes.
Sometimes being absent or MIA just happens. Motivation drops, life gets busy, you have to move apartments and renovate, training, family, and friends take priority, but… This weekend I went back on track and created the most delicious cupcakes. On top of this they were healthy, gluten free, and (almost) sugar free. If you like dark chocolate, peanut butter, good fats from dates and coconut oil, almond flour, bananas, and eggs, well then you are in for a treat.
We enjoyed these with a cup of tea or coffee Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Pure spoilage! Also, we have had a tendency to live on the “unhealthier” side of things lately, and so this was my 5 cents to improve our ways and to get back on track.
- 150 g unsalted almonds
- 150 g pitted fresh dates
- 2 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- A pinch of salt
- 30 gr 85% dark chocolate (optional)
- Raspberries (optional)
- Blend the almonds so it turns into flour
- Blend the dates separately
- Mix them in one bowl
- Blend bananas, eggs, coconut oil, and salt
- Mix all ingredients
- Add cocoa, salt, and nut butter
- Place in cupcake forms and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 200°C
- If desired you can melt the dark chocolate and place on top of the cupcakes and add raspberries as decoration – it provides a neat little ‘fresh’ touch to the otherwise heavier chocolate-taste
What is your favourite afternoon treat?