Healthier Snickers Snacks
Who does not like a snickers bar?
These little snickers things are to die for. They are inspired by Julie Bruun, a Danish blogger, who has some seriously delicious recipes. They are a perfect substitute for candy at night, or paired with a cup of coffee in the afternoon. Be careful not to eat them all at once!
- 150gr fresh pitted dates
- 100gr unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 tsp fine salt (leave out if you don’t like salty sweets)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract/powder (optional)
- 3 tbsp smooth organic peanut butter
- 75gr 80%+ dark chocolate
- Blend dates and peanuts together.
- Add salt and vanilla if desired.
- Add peanut butter and blend/press the mixture together so the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Make bite-size balls and place them on a plate.
- Put them in the fridge for 30min.
- Melt the chocolate over a water bath.
- Roll the balls in the chocolate one at a time and place them back on the plate.
- Put the plate in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened. YUM!
Honestly, these are super simple to make and a much better alternative to the actual snickers bar. In reality though, you can make these and add liquorice or cinnamon or whichever flavour you find suiting. Also, if you roll them in raspberry dust and use almonds instead of peanuts you have another experience for your tastebuds.
I hope you enjoy!