Thai salmon in red curry coconut sauce
Did you eat your fish (omega 3’s) this week?
Also, excuse the picture. Looks weird… taste amazing.
Spring is around the corner (or so they say). Psst… it is snowing in Denmark still. Spring though, means lighter food, longer days and warmer weather. Lighter food in our home equals more meals containing fish or poultry. This time around it is a fish-dish I want to share. You could really use many types of swimming creatures here – I went with salmon as it is a safe winner. Cod would also work very well, so do not fear if not all omega 3’s are available at your local grocer!
We have all heard it before:
Omega 3’s are incredibly important! Eat them! All the time!
… but why is that? I found an article that described the entire thing quite neatly. Read it here.
Let us get back to the dish! It is easy to make, packed with vitamins (and colours) and it has a nice little kick to it.
Serving size: 2 adults for 2 days (make a new portion of rice pr day)
- 500-600 g fresh salmon
- 1 red onion
- 3-4 scallions
- 1 reb bell pepper
- 1/2 broccoli
- 2 large carrots
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 3 cm chunk of fresh ginger
- 2 cans of full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste (depending on the power of your paste this can vary)
- A pinch of salt
- Rice (we used basmati rice)
- Turn on your oven to 200°C
- Chop your onion, scallions, bell pepper, broccoli, tomatoes and carrots and add to an oven proof dish
- Chop or grate the fresh ginger and sprinkle on top of the vegetable-mix
- Add salt and mix well
- Remove the skin from your salmon and cut in half
- Place the fish amongst the vegetables
- In a bowl, mix coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce, curry paste and lemon juice
- Pour the coconut over your mixture of greens and protein
- Place in oven for ~30 minutes
- Prepare rice meanwhile
I have never tried using red curry and salmon together, and definitely not in a sauce this way. It works – trust me! Let me know what you think or just try it out for fun.
On a personal level I can say that in approximately 1 month my husband and I will move to a brand new house. This also means new kitchen (yay!). I hope to spend a lot of time in this new spot, which could result in lots more recipes coming out. I also “invested” in a AKM 6230 (kitchen machine), which I am convinced will take my stirring and baking to the next level. Altogether I can barely contain my excitement. We are officially house-owners, and we will have room and space to create the home we want. I truly feel beyond lucky.
All the best from me to you guys 🙂